Sunday, September 13, 2026

Movie #3671 ........................."The Odyssey" (movie theater - true IMAX at Seven Bridges)

 Movie #3671 "The Odyssey" (movie theater - true IMAX at Seven Bridges)  Yep, we had to make a reservation two months in advance to see this one at 7:45 a.m. on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago.  One person in the audience was from Minnesota because there wasn't a rue  Imax theatre in his state. (this Seven Bridges one is the only one in Illinois!  and we happened to live near it, so we thought we should see it that way.  I am glad we did because I was NOT going into this thinking I would like the movie -- not a fan of the Iliad or Odyssey when I had to read it for a classics class, not a fan of the period in history, not a mythology fan, and don't like to see lots of fights!  However, I really liked the film -- the pacing, the hugeness of the visuals, the realness of the visuals, the clear sound, the vastness of the ocean, the remoteness of the locations, the excellent acting and direction -- I could go on and on, but it's a film that we should be proud of have done in by our American film industry.  And it was reasonably priced!  I couldn't believe all the work that went in to make this happen.  I was wowed.  but another however.... I would give it 4.5 because there was way too much fighting at the end.  I would have shortened that so much more -- but that's just one vote .  I highly recommend it, and if you can see it in true IMAX, do it.  I don't think you'd be disappointed at all!  and you may like it and appreciate it even more (like I did!)

"THE ODYSSEY"        2026       R      2 hours and 52 minutes        Imax theater

After the Trojan War, Odysseus faces a dangerous voyage back to Ithaca, meeting creatures like the Cyclops, Sirens,  Circe, and Calypso along the way.

Director:  Christopher Nolan

Writers:  Christopher Nolan, Homer

Actors:  Matt Damon, Tom Holland, Anne Hathaway, Samantha Morton

No comments:

Post a Comment