Movie #3665 "The Five-Star Weekend" (Peacock) Usually don't like to watch a series like this - (I turned off "White Lotus" and other popular shows like it), but this was well-acted and the script was pretty strong. It was laugh-out-loud funny in some spots, and could move you to tears in the next. There were some clunker lines here and there, but for the most part very universal about friendship, old and new, marriage and what holds that together, & mother-daughter very definitely was put under the microscope....Because it was a series, I felt some of the arguing and confrontations were forced and mean, to stretch in out into a miniseries, but the ending was satisfactory to me --- show could have been shorter -- but I say that for most series these days. I'd give it a 4, and I am starting to trust Jennifer Garner a bit more in what she is in. (Beautiful house and scenery)
"THE FIVE-STAR WEEKEND" 2026 9 episodes, about 50 mins each Peacock
A beloved food influencer grappling with loss hosts four friends from different chapters of her life for a weekend on Nantucket, where hidden truths emerge and relationships evolve amid coastal luxury.
Creator: Bekah Brunstetter
Actors: Jennifer Garner, D'arcy Carden, Gemma Cha, Regina Hall, Chloe Sevigny
No comments:
Post a Comment