Sunday, August 16, 2026

Movie #3655 ........................."Scarpetta" (Prime) Season 1

 Movie #3655 "Scarpetta" (Prime - Season 1)  On the one hand, I wanted to see this because of the author I respect (Highsmith) and the actors I also respect (Nicole Kidman, Bob Carnival, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ariana Debose, Simon Baker) , but on the other hand, I dislike watching a lot of blood.  This was bloody, but not overly excessive or a turn off to me....yet.  The last scene in this season was awful, but otherwise, there was a lot to like in this show.  Oh, there was way too much over the top acting by Jamie Lee Curtis, but she was playing an over-the-top sister so I get it.  But a lot of arguing, a lot..... the A.I. discussions with Ariana's dead wife were interesting to watch --- possible? not sure, but they kept my interest. Anyone thinking about watching this show should know how swiftly it moves from past to present --- thank goodness they changed Nicole's character, but note that the cast changes quite a bit with the other characters as well (her sister, her partner, her husband, etc.)  that's a lot of people to keep track of -- so you have to be willing to do that.  Sometimes it was a bit confusing to me and kind of helter skelter as far as decisions in going back and forth --- sometimes I was wondering: now why did they have to go back?  So the editing to me was a bit scattered at times.... oh, and I guessed who the serial killer was way before they wanted us to (which was the end) , but I guess I watch a lot of these kinds of shows.  Anyway, it was a well-acted ,dramatic thriller to me, and I think I'm hooked to watch the next season so I can better understand the ending to this season!  ugh!  .  4 out of 5.

"SCARPETTA"     2026          8 episodes about 50 mins each     Prime

A brilliant forensic pathologist uses forensic technology to solve crimes.  This one deals with a serial killer from days of old, and now the MO shows up again.

Creator:  Elizabeth Sarnoff

Actors are mentioned above.


No comments:

Post a Comment